Lynch and Owens Claimed


Be the first to review

Hingham, MA Divorce Lawyers

Lynch & Owens is OPEN and continues to maintain a fully operational virtual office during the coronavirus crisis. We receive all calls and emails, and are maintaining full staffing levels during the crisis. For more than seven decades combined, Lynch & Owens P.C. has provided legal counsel in a wide variety of areas, including divorce, family law, personal injury, and OUI defense. Family law cases revolve around the real, day-to-day lives of every client and their children and directly impact their best interests.

Lynch & Owens was established in 1995. Our attorneys have represented clients from Boston to the South Shore of Massachusetts and Cape Cod since that time. Lynch & Owens has earned the respect of our peers as thought leaders in our fields of expertise. We have the in-house personnel, facilities, and resources to successfully resolve our clients’ legal concerns in areas such as:

  • Divorce & Family Law Litigation
  • Divorce Mediation
  • Department of Children and Families (DCF) Investigations
  • 209A and Domestic Restraining Orders
  • Personal Injury, Motorcycle Accidents, and Dog Bite Injuries
  • Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning
  • OUI Defense and Hardship Licenses

Our attorneys are admitted to practice in Federal (District and Bankruptcy) and State (Probate & Family, Superior, District, and Juvenile) Trial and Appellate Courts.

Call Lynch & Owens, P.C. right away!

Our attorneys assist clients on the South Shore of Massachusetts in resolving legal matters such as divorce and family law, divorce mediation, personal injury law, Department of Children and Families (DCF) investigations, estate planning, and OUI defense in a timely and efficient manner. Make an appointment with a member of our team today to learn more about what we can do for you.

Legal Fees

Individuals seeking legal assistance in one of our firm’s major practice areas can schedule a one-hour paid consultation with us. A one-hour consultation typically costs between $375 and $425. Clients who hire Lynch & Owens after the initial consultation, on the other hand, receive a credit for the cost of the consultation back into their account. As a result, if you hire Lynch & Owens after your consultation, the consultation is free.

We offer 30-minute phone consultations for DCF services for a non-refundable fee of $425.

The first hour of divorce mediation includes a consultation for both spouses.

All of our consultations begin with an initial intake process in which our intake staff screens for conflicts and collects basic information about you and your case. The intake and consultation processes are completely private.

Please call or email us today to speak with a member of our intake staff about scheduling a consultation.



Q In which month of the year do most divorces occur?

January is commonly referred to as “Divorce Month.” However, there are strong indications that September or even March might be contenders as well.

Q Do I need a reason to get divorced in Massachusetts?

No, you don't need a reason to divorce other than your marriage has irreparably broken down. Massachusetts, like most states, allows no-fault divorce, which requires only that one party no longer wishes to be married. You don't need another reason.

Q What is the difference between a fault divorce and a no-fault divorce?

In a no-fault divorce, the parties are not required to prove which party was "at fault" for the divorce; instead, they must demonstrate that the marriage has irretrievably broken down or that the couple has irreconcilable differences. In a "fault" divorce, Plaintiff must demonstrate that Defendant committed an error that allows Plaintiff to obtain a divorce. Many people believe that a fault-based divorce gives the Plaintiff an advantage when it comes to property division or alimony; however, this is not always the case. In both fault and no-fault divorces, the Court must consider the same factors to decide these issues, and seeking a divorce on "fault" grounds generally adds unnecessary complication when compared to a no-fault filing.

Q How do I start a divorce in Massachusetts?

If the divorce is uncontested, the parties may file a Joint Petition for Divorce along with a Separation Agreement and an Affidavit of Irreparable Breakdown of Marriage. All aspects of the divorce must be addressed in the Separation Agreement. If your divorce is contested, you must file a Complaint about Divorce and serve a summons and a copy of the complaint on your spouse. The summons will be issued by the court following the filing of the divorce complaint. For both types of divorce, there is a filing fee that can be waived if the filing party is indigent.